Thursday, January 14, 2010

Book that mark baby!




I had a Mate come around for a scrap session and she ended up making a Bookmark, the idea came from my wonderful mother-in-law who found it in Spotlight. My mate made this while I was writing another mates job application (Which I think I'm good at). I would like to make this for one of my workshops and I think it would work as a kids party activity.




PROJECT , RECIPE- Book that Mark Baby



Ink- Black ,



Stamp Set(s)- Priceless
Card stock- Rose Red
Accessories- square punch, double rectangle punch, Chocolate Chip gross grain ribbon, Red Grosgrain ribbon, scissors



What to do



1 Use square punch to punch two square paper tabs in the Rose Red card stock.



2 Cut book mark Ribbon to desired length leaving one end flat and the other with the swallow tail cut.



3 Using tacky double sided tape or good glue, glue the ribbon between the two tabs lining the tabs up so they match.



4 This is the tough bit using the Double Rectangle punch, punch out the wholes in the middle of the tabs I used Scissors to then fix the holes as the punch does not like going through so many layers.



5 Thread a short Piece of ribbon through both holes, cross both ends at the back so the front has the ribbon ends. Trim ribbon ends



4 Rubber stamp little flower on the front



5 Something different you can use satin ribbon and put transfers on the ribbon :-)



Enjoy to your stampin hearts content.



3 comments:

  1. Great idea Julz :)
    Simone Bartrum

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Julz, this is lovely, I think bookmarks will be popular birthday presents for me this year!

    Kylie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank Martha stuart she started it all off

    ReplyDelete